All leather products from City Royalty are made with the finest leather. The colors range from so-in-vogue-now bright colors to classic shades. In both cases, they are prone to accidents (like all other things) and can get stained or dusty/ musty with misuse and neglect. Please remember that every product is crafted to weather well and look better with time. However, as with all good things, you need to invest a wee bit of time into keeping your City Royalty collection happy.
The right route to the perfect spa session for your precious product is Cleaning, Conditioning, Polishing, and Use. Choose cleaning leather care products with care and sit in a well-ventilated area while doing it. That’s because most cleaning products emit chemical fumes that will irritate you.
- Do not expose your Royalty piece directly to any of the elements. Direct sunlight and getting soaked in rain will mean there will be consequences like extra dryness and discoloration. So try and keep it protected.
- If your piece does get soaked, remember to condition it quickly while the pores are still open and then dry it (away from direct sunlight).
- Mildew catches on in humid regions and can be removed by making a mixture of alcohol diluted with water. Wipe the mildew area with a cloth dipped in the diluted alcohol, then allow it to dry. If the mildew persists, use mild soap and water that contains a germicide, then remove with a clean dampened cloth and then allow it to dry naturally and away from direct sunlight.
- A layer of dust can be cleaned by gentle wiping your precious product with a slightly damp, soft (flannel) cloth.
- Spills must be quickly soaked up. The more they sit unattended on your piece, the more chances of irreversible damage. Wipe it with a clean cloth or sponge and if needed, follow up with another wipe with lukewarm water and then allow it to air dry.
- Fresh stains (like food) should be cleaned up quickly with a damp cloth. Stains from oil or grease can be lifted by grinding ordinary blackboard chalk, sprinkling the area, and leaving the powder on for a full day. Don’t rub the powder into the leather. Leave it on for a while, and then simply brush it off lightly.
- With more stubborn stains, try a small drop of baby wash or a bar of mild moisturizing soap like Dove. When rubbing, use even round circles. To remove the soap, use another clean, damp cloth without water. Allow it to dry for at least an hour before use.
- For suede or nubuck leather, use a suede brush and suede protector (available at most leather shoe stores) to keep the suede in good condition. NOTE: Please don’t use a cream on products as it may discolor the piece as the cream contains a heavy dose of chemicals. Leather conditioner, of good quality, is welcome.
- Get hold of a waterproof leather spray to keep it protected always.
To clean a leather item, First, choose a cleaner that will help preserve the natural lubricating oils instead of stripping them. A mildly moisturizing soap will be perfect. The soap shouldn’t leave any greasy residue behind. Residue makes leather susceptible to bacteria and can break down the stitching. Before applying anything to your leather item, test it out on a smaller area. Use a soft cloth and lukewarm water and rub in circles while cleaning. Remove residue with a dry cloth.
Leather conditioners are meant for occasional use. Invest in good quality the best suggested C.R Leather Care Products and use it when your piece looks tired, this could be a good leather balm or restoration cream.
Its done rarely to give the piece a high glossy shine.
Use: Regular use of your C.R piece will keep it looking healthy and happy. Don’t stuff it into the back of your cupboard when not in use. Instead, hang it up and take it out at least once a week. We craft our products to look better the more you use them.
DO NOT store your Leather products in plastic as over time they will get moldy. Instead DO store them in the cloth/paper bag we provide with your product. We use non-woven fabric for the dust bags, this is specially made for leather goods. It keeps dust and dirt away and the porosity allows the leather to breathe. This aids in retarding the growth of mold and fungus.
Our products have been handcrafted from high-quality leather. Leather looks better with age and changes in the leather and sign of wear are normal. We recommend that you treat a leather item with care and limit exposure to direct heat and sunlight. Keep the product dry and avoid contact with water. Do not use any chemical cleaners except trusted leather protectors and conditioners, for the best Leather Care of your leather product use our Care Products.